Monday, July 16, 2007

My Dad

today is the day that my dad died one year ago. this blog is usually filled with happy pictures & words from haley. i felt like i should just take a minute to say a couple things about my dad. i miss him - i know that's a duh to most people but i thought i should just say it. he died right before haley was born & i miss him being her grandpa! he would have been wrapped around her little finger. :) he was a great dad to me (& adam). he would have done anything for us. and i have thought a lot about his death ... how sad that his life ended to cancer. but you know what - i am not mad at God about it. you know why ~ God was so faithful. i prayed for dad & didn't know how things would ever change for him - he was so angry about religion & God. but through the years, God softened his heart & my dad entered into a personal relationship with Him. i am SO GRATEFUL for that relationship. it was more than i ever could have asked for & more important than his life on this earth. dad will be with God in heaven for eternity. boy, do i still miss him?! wish we had more time ~ a lot more time but we didn't. i'm bummed about it ~ don't necessarily understand why he had to leave this earth when he did but it is nice to know that i'm not in control. aren't you glad too? a couple of dad pictures ...

adam & dad
ever wonder where i got my funny faces?


dad with katie, my little cousin!



2 comments:

thepettys said...

Vic-
I'm so glad you shared! I love the picture of the two of you and the one of him making that funny face. Those have to make you smile. You were blessed with a great dad and I know he would have been proud of the mom you are to Haley!
Love you sweet friend.
Rachel

The Gerborgs said...

thanks for sharing like that. what a handsome man your daddy was. and, i can understand how you feel about missing him, especially in his role as a grandpa. i just looked at our girls the other day and thought how much i would've loved to have seen my dad with emma and isabella. i know you miss him, but it's so awesome to see how God worked through your dad. hugs from us!